I am currently recruiting for a Yard Supervisor for my client in Leicester; it's a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative, forward thinking business.
The Yard Supervisor will report to the Assistant Operations Manager and will play a key part in the day-to-day operation of material processing.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Overseeing the material output process to ensure compliance with company rules and regulations
· Supervision of Charge Hands and MSOs to ensure that production activities meet business objectives
· Daily control of the sites material stocks storage and handling to ensure material sales targets are met
· Provide first line leadership duties with respect to, but not limited to, monitoring performance, task allocation and completion assessment, and absence management ensuring that the operations team meets and/or exceeds business key performance indicators (KPIs)
· Deliver training to reinforce company Health and Safety and Operational procedures and requirements
· Monitoring staff attendance and reporting issues to the Assistant Operations Manager
· Monitoring and challenging staff clocking
· Conducting investigations in line with disciplinary and health & safety policies
· Supervision of loading and offloading of materials to ensure turnaround times are in line with business benchmarks
· Motivating day to day operational team to ensure operational objectives and tasks are completed
· Controlling daily mobile plant defecting procedures and fault reporting in line with company procedures
· Ensuring that site health, safety and environmental standards (including housekeeping) are maintained to a high standard
· Monitor and measure material quality for processed materials and signing off on all the loads leaving site
· Ensure full compliance of operations department with company procedures
· Ensuring that all aspects of MQMs systems are adhered to by the production staff
· Attend / deliver daily team briefings
· Take responsibility for the effective implementation and compliance with existing management systems (ISO)
· Provide a positive work environment and ethic in order to allow for employee development
· Ensure that day to day operational team are adequately motivated to meet operational objectives
· Ensure effective communication is maintained at all levels
· Observation and support of the night shifts, ensuring consistency throughout the shifts
· Undertaking any other duties to meet on-going needs of the organisation in line with training and capabilities
Ø Excellent people skills, with the ability to lead and motivate a multi-skilled workforce and direct reports
Ø Good communication skills, written and oral
Ø Dynamic and tenacious approach with a proven track record of delivery
Ø Ability to manage staff and resources with other departments based on a matrix system
HOURS OF WORK
Day Shift- Monday to Friday day shift, 7am- 6pm
If you would like any further information then please do get in touch.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.