My client is the largest independent provider of Commercial Vehicle Maintenance and Fleet Management in the UK with an enviable track record stretching back over 30 years. We have a national network of over 38 HGV/LCV service centres, over 150 mobile service vans and in excess of 600 trained technicians. Offering service excellence, we are trusted by many of the UK's largest commercial fleet operators to keep their businesses on the move.
I'm currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Workshop Controller to join a busy Workshop in Waltham.
· Responsibility for the safety of the working environment an all colleagues/persons within it
· Ensure the Technicians carry out preventative maintenance and repairs in accordance with Policies and Procedures.
· Ensure cost effective methods of replacing parts.
· Responsible for correct completion of all relevant paperwork and documentation in a timely manner through to final input.
· Responsible for effective communication with staff, customers and colleagues.
· Manage and maintain VOR and downtime of the fleet profile to a minimum.
· Provide estimates to customers on follow-up repairs.
· Control of the day to day operation and all responsible duties relating to the workshop loading and planning.
· Identify the requirements for replacement parts and ensure that these are fitted correctly and identify possible warranty claims.
· Prepare and submit to the customer estimates and costing, minimising vehicle down time.
· Ensure productivity levels are maintained in accordance with set budgets.
· Manage technicians overtime to suit operational demands.
· Manage holiday / sickness cover of the technicians.
· Manage and update a daily VOR status report on the customer's fleet electronically.
· Brief out company H+S information and technical bulletins when required
· Workshop and managerial awareness and experience
· Experience of health and safety fundamentals
For more information please contact Nicole Cooling.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.