Workforce Planning Coordinator
A key role within the business and responsible for coordinating operational (predominately blue collar) Workforce Planning to ensure suitable allocation of labour for projects. The role will be responsible for the production of management information and workforce analysis for the Operational teams. Working in conjunction with both internal project teams (Planning, Operations and HR) and client project teams to ensure full optimisation of all operational labour.
- Working closely with the project and planning teams to ensure the correct resource is allocated to the project in line with budgets and targets.
- Planning and allocation of all operational labour with a focus on role requirement/skills
- Working in conjunction with the Planners to accurately allocate labour appropriately for current and future projects
- Educating the project teams on labour requirements, giving guidance and advice where required and/or taking leadership where required.
- Utilising historical data and forecasts to develop accurate headcount models to support operational demands
- Liaison with the planning team and PMs to resolve problems with labour allocation
- Liaison with the Resourcing and Emerging Talent Manager on potential gaps in labour for projects
- Informing the Resourcing and Emerging Talent Manager of all agency worker movements
- Liaison with the HR Advisor on all internal operational labour movements, highlighting any potential employment issues/concerns/challenges
- Supporting the Project teams with completing relevant paperwork for labour movements
- Setting out working hours and verification of timesheet accuracy including hours worked and travelled
- Participate in the development of all future workforce planning and initiatives (full liaison with HR)
- Ensure regular meetings with project teams with regards to workforce planning.
- Participating in PHR meetings
- Oversee resource scheduling
- Design and implement workforce tracking methods
- Optimise labour allocation and provide labour reports including forecasting
- Forecasting and planning to ensure customer demands are met against volumes and agreed service levels
- Advanced use of MS Office including Excel
- Working knowledge of MS Project and/or Primavera
- Knowledge of Workforce Planning methodologies
Competencies / Behaviours:
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels within the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deliver targets on time
- Able to challenge and influence others, to contribute professional expertise to effective decision making
- Self-motivated, organised with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong ability to work flexibly, managing changing and competing priorities
- Confident, personable manner
- Previous experience within a Workforce Planning position
- Previous experience within the Construction/ M&E industry
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.