A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Team Leader to join a hugely successful logistics business that operates within Retail, Fashion, ecommerce, centric and bonded operations. This is a truly exciting time to join their organisation at their Northamptonshire site as they continue to develop the warehouse function following unprecedented growth, something that is expected to continue well into the future. You will join a friendly business, leading a team of shift operatives whilst reporting into the Warehouse Supervisor.
A minimum requirement of your background will be a proven track record at Team Leader/Supervisor level, ideally having achieved an Institute of Leadership Management NVQ qualification.
- To manage and monitor an effective warehouse operation.
- To plan, manage and adjust staffing levels to meet operational requirements.
- To ensure there is an appropriate level of Company knowledge to perform tasks in an effective and efficient manner.
- To ensure all staff follow Safe Working Practices and Health and Safety.
- To ensure all staff are trained to carry out duties to the required level.
- To ensure all documentation is dealt with accordingly and all relevant paperwork is checked and handed into the admin office.
- To make sure all discrepancies are reported to customer via Admin.
- To resolve low level employee relations issues.
- To maintain records as directed by the Supervisor.
- To ensure housekeeping standards are consistently maintained.
- To carry out other duties as directed by the Supervisor/Contract Manager.
- To meet operational targets in an effective and timely manner and to meet agreed relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and SLA's.
- Ensure compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Organise and lead the focus on improved productivity levels
- To make sure that all agreed targets with the customer are met.
- Focus on the customer to deliver a professional service at all times.
- To liaise with the customer with any issues regarding the operation that could affect the Service Level.
- To work in a professional and timely manner and to ensure that any issues are escalated to the Supervisor.
- Communicate openly, motivate and inspire, create a positive work environment.
- To assist in carrying out recruitment activity in line with HR Policy
- To manage low level employee relations including investigations and disciplinary matters.
- To conduct performance reviews.
- To manage absence and conduct Return to Work interviews.
Nature and Scope
- To comply with current Health and Safety legislation and Company policies and procedures ensuring a safe place to work.
- To comply with current Equal Opportunities legislation and the Company Equality and Diversity policy
- To deputise for the Shift Manager in periods of absence.
You must be flexible in regards to hours of work and shift patterns, and when required to be able to commit to overtime during peak periods
As an individual you will perhaps be looking for that next step in your career. Ambition, honesty, a passion for customer service and a genuine drive to deliver business objectives are qualities that are sought.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.