We are recruiting for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to work for our client based in Wolverton, Milton Keynes.
As a Warehouse Supervisor you will be expected to:
- Plan the distribution of goods, internally and externally
- Manage a team to ensure all tasks are performed in a timely manner to assist the smooth running of the warehouse
You must hold experience with warehouse operations and be comfortable using IT equipment as well as database software.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, flexible, adaptable and willing to lead change. You will need to hold a high level if interpersonal and communication skills.
You must be able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines while ensuring a high quality standard is being met. You will need to have a good ability to prioritise and problem solves in real-time.
Ideally you will analytically minded and able to manipulate and present data. It is also and advantage if you hold a current FLT Licence however this is not essential.
Your duties will include:
- Pro-actively collaborate with Stock Controller and Warehouse Manager to define materials handling plan
- Validate deliveries and materials received match
- Liaise with the Stock Controller to raise Purchase Orders for packaging and consumables, attend weekly meetings regarding stock intake, assist with the relocation of stock and raise any concerns to Stock Controller
- Ensure stock is booked in within 48 hours and that accurate Goods Receipt Note (GRN) is passed to Stock Controller
- Ensure goods booked in correctly to Opera and stock levels accurate
- Produce daily reports for the business as and when required
- Manage material life-cycle through receipt, short-term and long-term storage, returns and disposal and advise appropriate departments of findings
- In collaboration with Stock Controller and Warehouse Manager, develop comprehensive inventory control processes to insure on-going inventory accuracy
- In co-operation with Stock Controller and Warehouse Manager take an active role in stock take management process through on-going cycle count program, periodic physical stock takes and audit driven reviews
- Manage goods returns process if required straight after receipt of goods
- Recommend improvements for stock locations
- Assist with training of staff
- Take an active role in Health and Safety in the warehouse and encourage team members to do so
Please email a CV or call Rebecca on 01908 695959 opt 1.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.