A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Warehouse Shift Manager (nights) to join the UK's largest news wholesaling business on a full-time, permanent basis at their Slough, Berkshire site.
As a Warehouse Shift Manager, you will join the management team within the warehouse to ensure the night operation accomplish packing in order to ensure deliveries are on time and within agreed budgets.
Essential skills and experience required
- Previous warehouse management experience
- Maintaining effective operational service to meet our demanding customer service requirements
- Developing and maintaining excellent staff relationships with your team of warehouse operatives and drivers
- Promoting and implementing the visions and values of the business ensuring that they are understood and applied by all staff
- Providing training and coaching and identifying staff development needs
- Providing accurate nightly KPI reports
- Optimising fleet utilisation
- Working closely with the site management team to drive standards and continuous improvement initiatives
- Maintaining a high level of health and safety at all times
- Managing drivers and planning shifts to ensure compliance with all transport regulations
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant Aviation Security requirements
- Working to an annual set budget and forecast
Desirable skills and experience required
- Previous experience of working night shifts
- Previous experience of the newspaper and magazine distribution industry would be advantageous
- Experience in using SAP
- Fork Truck License - preferred
Salary for this opportunity is £35k plus pension.
For immediate consideration, send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.