Calling all Shift Managers! Come and join a successful team that currently focus on the Chilled distribution market. They are now looking to expand and continue their success. Not only will you be working for one of the leading global distribution companies, you will also receive progression as well as staff discounts, child care vouchers, health scheme and more.
Details of the role:
- Managing and leading a team of transport staff including Drivers, Planners and Warehouse Staff;
- Ensuring full legal compliance with the Operator's License, Health & Safety and Environmental legislation;
- Performance managing all Planners, admin, drivers and warehouse staff to achieve their KPI's;
- Effectively resolving any transport issues arising from customers, drivers or third parties to a satisfactory outcome;
- Monitor individual driver performance to ensure they comply with VOSA standards;
- Ensuring the transport fleet meet business KPI's;
- Ensuring you promote a safety-first culture;
- Managing drivers' hours and tachographs to EC regulations;
- Ensuring drivers complete their daily checks before leaving the site and that all vehicle defects are recorded and rectified.
What skills must you have to apply?
- Have experience of managing a transport/warehouse team including the direct management of Drivers and Warehouse and office staff
- Have excellent communication,organisation and interpersonal skills
- Have experience of disciplinary hearings and procedures
- Demonstrate a good level of transport compliance knowledge
- Be able to prioritise workload and meet competing demands
- Understands the legal implications for Health & Safety on site
- Be computer literate in all Microsoft packages
What benefits will I get?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Health Scheme - Cash Plan
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Service Related Holidays and Long Service Awards
- Discount Scheme
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you and your career please apply now, don't miss out!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.