A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Shift Manager to join a wholesale and food distribution service. This is a truly exciting time to join the organisation in Nottingham as they continue their unprecedented growth.
You will be leading a team of up to 30 staff in a vibrant and energetic distribution environment, motivating the team in order to ensure that all orders are picked and loaded efficiently and safely. You are a manager who aims to be very 'hands on' in their approach in order to get the best out of their staff and will make sure they are fully trained, motivated and driven to work effectively and efficiently.
You will also:
- Have experience in a distribution environment (ideally food service) and have proven management skills
- Have an excellent understanding of good customer service and will take ownership of issues/complaints with customers and staff to manage the appropriate resolutions, formally and informally
- Be proactive and able to manage their time effectively, in a calm manner, in a highly pressurised and demanding environment
- Must hold a forklift license (Reach)
- Have excellent people management skills, be capable of communicating effectively to the team and work closely with other internal customers to ensure the effective operation of the warehouse function
- Have a dynamic nature and be very hands on
- Be loyalty and committed to the role and Company
- As a key holder you will participate in an on call rota with other Managers for any security issues/breaches out of hours and will be required to comply with security requirements when opening and locking the store
The hours will be Monday to Friday working 11am-8pm, with alternative Saturday's, as required by the business.
Salary for this opportunity is up to £30k, dependent on experience.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.