Our client based in Lincoln has an urgent requirement for an experienced warehouse operative and forklift driver to join their team as soon as possible. This role will be recruited on a temporary on going basis with the view to turn permanent for the right candidate.
The hours of work are 7:30am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday each week with a 1 hour break.
The team you will be working in consists of a warehouse manager, goods in supervisor, goods out supervisor and 5 full time operatives.
Duties of the role will include:-
- Helping with project based work
- Picking and packing orders in an accurate and efficient manner
- Taking delivery of goods, booking in on the system and storing in the correct location
- Ensuring a high standard of housekeeping is adhered to and maintained
- Making sure that consumables are kept clean
- Ensuring all working practices are carried out in a safe working environment
- Processing of orders for dispatch on the system and ensuring that items are available for dispatch
- To ensure goods are dispatched in the most cost effective courier method to keep costs as low as possible
- Supporting the warehouse manager and making recommendations for improvement
- Working with the warehouse team on a daily basis to ensure all KPI's are met
- Assisting the team with taking and maintaining stock inventory
It is desirable that the successful candidate has a forklift licence (counterbalance, reach or bendi) however this is not essential to the role. If you do not have a forklift licence the pay rate will be £7.50 per hour.
We are looking for candidates who have previous experience working as a warehouse operative/flt driver who are available to start work immediately.
Please send your CV in the first instance or call the Lincoln Office today on 01522 551910 for more information!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.