A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Warehouse Operations Manager to join the UK's largest news wholesaling business on a full-time, permanent basis at their Berkshire site.
This is an exciting opening for a senior manager to work in a fast paced environment, driving change and continuous improvement. This is a unique role within the company focusing on their travel and aviation business distributing newspapers and magazines across London's airports.
Leading the Management team, you will be responsible for accurate and on-time delivery whilst ensuring compliance with Aviation Security and Transport regulations.
Essential skills and experience required
- Experience of managing teams in fast-paced warehouse and transport environments
- Previous experience of managing a large team including managing challenging situations and performance
- Customer service and cost focused with attention to detail
- Proven experience of managing budgets
- Proven experience of meeting and setting challenging objectives/KPI's
- Proven experience of managing change and initiating improvements
- Previous experience of recruitment and selection
- Displays enthusiasm and drive for achieving high standards
- Ability to remain calm in a pressurised time sensitive situation
Desirable skills and experience required
- Experience of transport legislation (CPC holder desirable)
- Experience of Aviation Security (desirable)
- Previous experience of the newspaper and magazine distribution industry
- Commercially aware with knowledge of the wider industry
Salary for this opportunity is £40k-£45k and the package includes a company car/allowance and bonus of up to 20%. The hours are Monday to Friday working a day shift.
Reliability, flexibility and integrity are values that are held in high esteem.
This is a superb opportunity for an individual to become an integral cog of the business and to benefit from the company's continuous growth plans.
For immediate consideration, send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.