We're recruiting very high calibre logistics professionals to join a global market leader in the logistics industry in the capacity of Warehouse First Line Manager at their site in Bedford.
For the role of Warehouse First Line Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that you maximise the performance of depot operations on a shift basis to meet client and company requirements through effective direction, resource planning, meaningful and regular communication at all levels, and ongoing training and development as required.
You will ensure that the operation complies with all legal, corporate and customer requirements for safety, quality, service delivery and cost at all times.
You will constantly review all aspects of shift performance, identifying areas for improvement, best practice etc. and take responsibility for developing these into Continuous Improvement/Change Programmes with buy-in of relevant stakeholders for support and specialist knowledge.
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
- Experience of working within a complex supply chain environment is essential.
- Experience of leading teams in a complex FMCG or Retail logistics/warehousing environment.
- Demonstrable record of delivering against targets for own area of responsibility.
- Demonstrable record of leading change management projects with particular focus on site culture.
- Demonstrable record of using Process Improvement techniques.
- Self-motivated individual able to demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrable record of building and developing teams, driving high performance and engaging with colleagues at all levels.
What will you get in return?
You will receive access to a variety of excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and many more.
Salary is £26k-£28k (days) plus 10% bonus. £28k plus 10% night-shift premium (nights) plus 10% bonus.
Shift patterns: Rotational day shifts between 6.30am-10.30pm or night shift 10:30pm to 6:30am.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.