Job Title: HGV Body Builder
Hours of work: 7 - 4 - Monday to Friday - All OT is at a time and a half rate on weekends with the occasional Saturday to be worked.
Working in full compliance with all body shop processes, to carry out all tasks required to construct heavy commercial vehicle bodies, to an excellent standard and within required timescales and deadlines to ensure prompt delivery to customers. To play an active role in the culture of continuous improvement, as you work together to achieve goals of "raising standards in quality and service"
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
1. To carry out high quality work to construct heavy commercial vehicle bodies, following written job card/estimate instructions
2. To ensure all body shop build specifications, CAD drawings and BSI ISO:9001 2015 quality standards are adhered to at all times
3. To communicate with management team where parts are required, or have been provided surplus to requirement
4. To be accountable for meeting and improving on agreed deadlines and timescales, giving prompt notification to management of any delay
5. To ensure all build jobs are subject to appropriate Quality Stage Inspections, and to complete any remedial action identified from these in a timely manner
6. To work with care and diligence to protect customer's vehicles and assets
7. To maintain an organised, clean and tidy work environment, free from any hazards
8. To complete all required documentation and records accurately and in a timely manner
9. Ensure Health and Safety policy and procedures are followed at all times, and participate in developing a culture where a safe and healthy environment is second nature
10. To focus on own personal performance and work well within your team to achieve success
1. Ability to demonstrate a background in heavy commercial vehicle body build
2. Fully conversant with all aspects of the role
3. Current welding certificate is desirable
4. A full diving licence is desirable
5. Industry knowledge
6. Ability to work under pressure
7. Good communication skills
8. Excellent attention to detail
9. Willingness to learn and develop
10. Flexible attitude
11. Good team player
12. Forklift licence and Class 2 are desirable
If you are interested please email Max at: Maxsturgess@barkerross.co.uk
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.