Position Transport Team Manager (Northants)
Salary c£30K plus excellent benefits
Ref IE 56353
An opportunity to join a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK has arisen on a full time, permanent basis for an experienced Transport Team Manager. The continued success and business growth has led to the chance to join their dynamic team at their Northampton Distribution Centre.
- Support the management of a team of drivers, vehicles and administration staff to deliver the timely despatch of deliveries to our customers stores and provide a store network with a first class service.
- Ensure all work activities carried out in accordance with legal requirements and company guidelines.
- Operate various transport software to manage and record vehicle activities in accordance with plans and customer requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the Warehouse Team and Vehicle Maintenance Unit in orchestrating the movement of loads and availability of vehicles and trailers.
- Provide reports to Shift Managers.
- Deliver service in accordance with plans and targets set.
- Report and manage vehicle defects.
- Communicate with customer regarding any site issues that may impact service level.
- Deal with internal and external customer and employee concerns and enquiries.
- Interrogate plans to ensuring all work allocated to appropriate vehicles.
- Manage Driver resource, when business requires.
- Carry out Driver pre and de-briefs.
- Carry out training and communicate planned requirements to Drivers and Administrators providing information on performance, company news and procedures.
- Proactively motivate and guide all direct reports and manage performance when required.
- Reports to the Transport Shift Manager.
- Experience within Transport Management
- Knowledge of computerised scheduling and driver management packages would be an advantage
- Commercial awareness and understand the contractual operating environment.
- Adept at prioritising and organising workload, managing multiple and changing priorities concurrently
- Ability to assimilate and process complex data and plans
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent relationship building and communications skills
- High standard of administration and computer skills including Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint
- Team player
- High level of discretion and judgement
- Experience of supervising and managing a team
The above position will include shift and weekend working as the depot operates 24 / 7 therefore it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
In return you will be rewarded with an excellent starting salary and a fantastic benefits package to include subsidised canteen and on-site gym.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.