One of the leading logistics providers has an exciting opportunity for a Transport Supervisor in Pulborough, West Sussex on a full time, permanent basis.
This is a highly customer focussed role responsible for the daily formulation of the transport plan, effectively scheduling the own and dedicated fleet around the construction network, ensuring all KPI's are met and manage sub-contractors' volume. The successful candidates must be able to drive profitable own fleet earnings and maintain the desired hired margin while ensuring all KPI's are met.
- Planning own fleet and dedicated sub-contractor fleet around the construction network
- Ensure all contract KPI's are met
- Ensuring all work allocated to correct vehicles each week and all revenue downloaded and accounted for
- Build economical loads for the customer, managing volumes
- Maintain haulier, driver and customer relationships
- Liaise and communicate with customer service regarding site issues, late deliveries etc.
Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to at least GCSE standard (or equivalent) computer literate with knowledge of MS Office applications
- To be able to effectively communicate with customer, suppliers and colleagues
- Able to work under pressure whilst maintaining a professional attitude
- Must have a flexible approach and be willing to carry out varied tasks positively, reliably and accurately
- An excellent team player and able to work on own initiative
- International and National CPC preferable but not essential
- Must have access to own vehicle to commute to site
Salary for this opportunity is £28k working Monday to Friday (days), though a degree of flexibility is required.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.