Calling all Transport Shift Managers! Come join a successful team that currently focus on the Chilled distribution market. They are now looking to expand and continue their success. Not only will you be working for one of the leading global distribution companies, you will also receive progression as well as staff discounts, child care vouchers, health scheme and more.
Working an average of 42 hours per week, on a '4 on 4 off' fixed shift pattern working days and nights.
The Transport Shift Manager will be reporting into the Operations Manager, this role has responsibility for managing a broad range of people and relationships within the transport office. Encouraging high standards of performance from all team members to achieve the service level targets of the customer, whilst ensuring decisions and actions taken are in line with company policy.
Daily duties include:
- Responsible for proactively managing the shift to action the daily operational plan and meet targets within Budgetary constraints
- Apply a consistent approach to people management
- Ensure company policies and procedures are applied consistently
- Manage change as and when the business requires
- Ensure the site meets legal compliance at all times
- Ensure that employees are managed in a consistent way in line with current processes to help achieve business and personal growth
- Encourage continuous improvement to become part of operational daily activity
- Achieve customer KPI`s in line with the business goals
- Promote a culture where Health and Safety is part of our daily activities
- Ensure company policies and government legislations are adhered to
- Ensure all Health and Safety incidents/ accidents are investigated, recorded and appropriate action is taken
- Communicate effectively to internal and external customers
- Supply accurate information on operational status as and when required including shift handover
What we are looking for:
- Candidates should have proven experience in distribution
- Strong leadership skills are essential as is the ability to manage change
- A professional attitude and the desire to lead and succeed are essential
- Excellent communication skills, in addition to having strength of character and an assertive nature
- Commercial awareness and understanding of client base
- A good understanding of Health and Safety legislation
- Competent in using PC systems
- CPC qualification is desirable but not essential, however an understanding of transport law would be a distinct advantage
Other Benefits for you!
- Competitive rates of pay
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Health Scheme - Cash Plan
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Service Related Holidays and Long Service Awards
- Discount Scheme
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.