One of the leading logistics providers has an exciting opportunity for a Transport Planning Clerk in the Northamptonshire area on a full time, permanent basis.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the production of an optimum Transport plan in a time critical environment, constantly review and maintain in line with operational changes.
- Undertake all activities in line with KPI requirements and SLA's.
- Working on a rotating day shift basis covering 7 days.
- Work closely with the Transport Shift and Team Managers to ensure Transport hours and planned and used effectively.
- Management of Drivers holidays and rotas.
- Management of exceptions on the Time and Attendance system.
- Collation of weekly finance statistics.
- Assist in the production of reports for Senior Site Management to support KPI's.
- Work closely with key operational partners including other departments, depots and customer locations.
- Site administration as and when required.
- Reporting to the Transport Planning Manager.
Experience, skills, attributes and the person requirements:
- Confident communicator.
- A sound knowledge of the principles of transport operations and planning functions.
- Good organiser.
- Computer literate with good experience in using Microsoft Office - especially Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible in their approach.
- Sound team player and motivator who can work on own initiative.
- Good numerical and analytical skills paying strong attention to detail.
- Driven by continual improvement and high personal standards.
This position will be an 8 hour day shift with weekend working as the depot operates 24/7 therefore, it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
Salary for this position is £22k plus excellent benefits with genuine progression opportunities.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.