Our client based in Wrexham is currently seeking an experienced Transport Planner to join their team as soon as possible.
The role will be temporary on going with the potential to turn permanent depending upon performance.
Hours of work will be 7:00am - 4:00pm Monday to Friday and is paying £9.82 - £12.82 (£22k-£26k equivalent) depending upon experience.
We are looking for someone who has previous experience of transport planning, use of planning software (Paragon, DiPS etc.), able to work in a high pressured environment and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Word and Excel.
Duties of the role will include:-
- Complete daily route planning using the relevant systems to ensure timely and cost efficient use of resource to enable delivery of product to the customer
- Assisting the Operations Manager in creating a strong culture in regards to the performance of the contract and making sure it is constantly improved
- Assisting in the site management of drivers
- Assisting in training and developing the team
- Making sure all orders are pre-called and any necessary information or changes to orders are made in systems and the appropriate people are informed
- Ensure the efficient and effective achievement of all operational targets, providing and updating information relating to these when needed
- Assisting with the traffic clerk where required
- Assisting with health & safety, environmental and quality audits
- Liaising with key clients on a daily basis in regards to daily performance reporting any issues in a timely manner
Please send your CV in the first instance or call the Lincoln Office today on 01522 551910 for more information!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.