Our client is one of the leading repair centres in Europe, where high end customer products are both repaired and dispatched for one of the biggest high street retailers in the country and due to expansion they are currently looking for a Transport Planner to join their team on a full time basis starting as soon as possible.
The hours of work are 1:30pm - 10:45pm, 39 hours per week working 5 days on and 3 days off rolling. This is a temporary on going position with the potential to be offered a permanent contract depending on performance.
Duties of the role will include:-
- Monitor and build routes within the route planning software to obtain the most practical and cost effective routes
- Ensure the right skills are routed on the right van
- Routing to the relevant legal weight, duty and volume capacities
- Use commercial awareness to effectively plan the required resource at site level
- Feedback any issues to the National Routing Centre Senior Front Line Manager
- Liaise with customer service centre staff to understand the resource of people and vehicles available
- Highlight potential risks relating to volume versus resource
- Deal with violations within routes and highlight persistent issues
- Ensure completed routes are received at the customer service centres within the agreed time windows
- Re-run routes where requested
- Adapt quickly to change in routing procedures and resource changes
In order to be considered for this role it is essential that you have:-
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be computer literate
- Highly numerate, problem solver
- Must have excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Possess strong organisational and decision making skills
- Show flexibility on working hours including bank holidays
- Own transport in order to reach the location of the remote site
Please send your CV in the first instance or call the Lincoln Office today on 01522 551910 for further information.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.