One of the leading specialists in intermodal freight has an exceptional opportunity for a highly experienced, competent and professional Transport Planner to join their dynamic and expanding team in the Lanarkshire region.
You will be responsible for the planning of container logistics operation at their Coatbridge terminal. It will involve interaction with the drivers and subcontractors to plan and allocate the business, some customer interaction.
The successful candidate will produce the transport plan in line with customer orders and expectations, negotiating best times where possible to best utilise the available fleet. You will also plan future transport operations, ensuring customer satisfaction, updating all data in the correct operating systems and checking this is in-line with the call over reports. You will be responsible for overseeing rates, claims and stocks whilst dealing with the day to day tasks.
Key skill requirements
- CPC International or working towards as a minimum.
- Professional with a can do attitude to make add value and make a difference.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- A minimum of three years transport operations experience with strong organisational skills.
- Good geographical knowledge.
- A full understanding of Tachograph, working time and driver hour's legislation.
- Written communication skills with the ability to produce clear and concise reports and letters.
- Good oral communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with staff, colleagues and customers.
- Prioritise and work well under pressure, making key decisions.
- Numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data/information.
- Awareness of current employment and H&S legislation, policies and procedures.
- Proactive, innovative and creative approach to problem solving.
- A working knowledge of PC applications including Microsoft and Outlook.
Salary for this excellent opportunity is £35k-£42k plus company benefits.
You will work a 48 hour week. Working hours can be discussed at interview stage.
For immediate consideration please apply today!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.