One of the leading logistics providers has exciting opportunities for Transport Planners in the Barry area of Wales on a full time, permanent basis.
- Establish good working relationships with relevant customer and Company teams.
- Liaise with customer to ensure operational requirements, KPI's and customer satisfaction is met and improved.
- Creation and execution of traffic plans that maximise service and revenue /profitability.
- Actively seek out and implement additional revenue opportunities.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe and complaint manner, having particular regards for H&S and Operator Licence requirements.
- Attend meetings as and when required to represent the contract.
- To help maintain the availability of sufficient sub contract hauliers approved with the Company Quality System, to meet the customer's service requirements, at a targeted cost/margin.
- Undertake any other ad hoc project or task within the contract or Construction Sector as required.
- Must have sound understanding and previous experience in a planning role/environment and vehicle P&L.
- Should be educated to at least GCSE standard and computer literate with knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Can effectively communicate with customers, suppliers and colleagues alike.
- Must be able to work well under pressure whilst maintaining a professional attitude.
- Must have a flexible approach and be willing to carry out varied tasks positively, reliably and accurately.
- Needs to be an excellent team player and able to work on own initiative.
- Mechanical offload transport experience would be advantageous but is not essential.
- SAP experience is preferable but is not essential.
- CPC is preferable but is not essential.
Salary for this opportunity is £26k-£28k plus excellent benefits.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.