A well respected and established supply chain and distribution business has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transport Planner to join their busy Distribution Team. Working on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern (7am to 7pm)
The role will primarily involve the routing of delivery vehicles, managing drivers and vehicles and helping to organise all aspects of their operation, in what can be a very high-pressured environment.
Efficient use of vehicles and drivers, a cost-saving mentality and continuous improvement of customer service are all key parts of the role. In addition, excellent communication skills are essential when dealing with all departments.
The successful candidate will have:
- A high level of organisation and attention to detail.
- The ability to work on their own initiative within a time critical setting.
- Good customer care skills.
- The determination and willingness to resolve all issues to meet customer and business requirements.
- Sound UK geographical knowledge.
- A methodical, logical approach with good problem-solving abilities
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Previous experience within the transport and logistics sector.
- Knowledge of tachograph and WTD legislation.
- Knowledge of groupage operations.
Most importantly the candidate must have a passion to get the job done and get it done right.
The package offered is negotiable reflecting the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Fort immediate consideration, send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.