One of the leading logistics providers has an exciting opportunity for a Transport Operator in the Leicester area on a full time, permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day to day operation of the site using the on-site team to ensure that all deliveries are made in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Maintain on-site customer relationship with Warehouse and H&S teams by ensuring that communication is good and issues are highlighted and dealt with quickly and appropriately. Provide accurate and timely reports when necessary.
- Day to day execution of the plan, dealing with any issues that arise. Ensuring all deliveries and collections are made on time in full and any problems are dealt with quickly and communicated appropriately.
- Ensure all decisions are taken with full knowledge of the P&L implications to the business and that team are aware of financial performance and work with drivers and subcontractor team to reduce costs.
- Is aware of and encourages the Health & Safety behaviours on site. Helping to create a culture that is H&S conscious and reports accordingly.
- Financially aware and ensures profitability is maximised by ensuring plans are efficient, empty running is reduced and drivers and fleet is managed correctly.
- Helps train new members of the team.
- Books servicing of trailers and units in and chases up any missing fleet.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience/knowledge of Transport systems required.
- Customer focused and able to deliver and exceed customer expectations.
- GCSE (or equivalent) in English & Maths.
- Previous experience in a transport environment.
- Self-starter, energetic, hands-on approach.
- Effective planning and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Salary for this opportunity is c£22k with shift premium extra. Alternating working hours are 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm. This role will therefore involve evening and weekends on a rotational shift basis.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.