One of the leading logistics providers has exciting opportunities for Transport Operations Yard Clerks in the Northamptonshire area on a full time, permanent basis.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsibility for booking all company and customer drivers/vehicles into the depot
- Ensuring that all trailers are placed on correct bays at the correct time.
- Ensuring all trailers are serviced on time as per servicing and VMU procedures.
- Effectively communicate with all departments / colleagues to ensure we achieve 100% service targets.
- Issuing paperwork and booking out of PCC loads efficiently.
- Ensuring there is a fast turnaround for drop and swap trailers from other depots.
- Continuous monitoring of yard-smart and ensuring all trailers are in the correct bays.
- Working closely with site shunters to carry out the yard audit twice daily.
- Inputting the daily plan into the yard smart system manually.
- Transport/site administration as and when required.
- Reporting to the Transport Team Manager.
Experience, skills, attributes and person requirements:
- Experience of working within a transport environment is desirable.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Ability to demonstrate good communication skills.
- Knowledge of YardSmart is desirable.
- A flexible team based approach is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines is essential.
- General awareness of health and safety is essential.
The above position will include shift and weekend working as the depot operates 24/7 and based on a 4-On 4-Off basis working a 12-hour rota on day or night shifts. Therefore, it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
Salary for this position is £22k plus excellent benefits with genuine progression opportunities.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.