One of the leading logistics providers has exciting opportunities for a Transport Operations Clerks in the Northamptonshire area on a full time, permanent basis.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Administration of the movement of vehicles and associated activities.
- Undertake all activities in line with KPI requirements and SLA's.
- Responsible for booking all drivers/vehicles into the depot.
- Tracks and supports the organisation of trailer servicing on time in accordance with procedures.
- Issues correct paperwork and books out drivers from the transport department.
- Face to face interaction with drivers when conducting pre- and de-briefs.
- Continuously monitors the in-house and third-party management software systems, ensuring compliance with key system requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all Company, statutory and Health and Safety obligations.
- Works closely with key operational partners including other departments, depots and customer locations.
- Site administration.
- Reports to the Transport Team Manager.
Experience, skills, attributes and person requirements:
- Excellent administration and organisational skills.
- An effective communicator, with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Naturally curious, willing to learn and develop.
- Intermediate level IT skills in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Outstanding attention to detail to ensure accurate records are maintained.
- Ability to work to strict timescales.
- Knowledge of appropriate driver legislation, Freighter, Microlise, Tachomaster, and consignment management software is desirable but not essential.
- Team player, self-motivated, flexible and confident.
- General awareness of health and safety is essential.
This position will include shift and weekend working as the depot operates 24/7 and based on a 3-On 3-Off basis working a 12-hour rota on day or night shifts. Therefore, it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
Salary for this position is £22k plus excellent benefits with genuine progression opportunities.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.