A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Transport Manager to join a well-established, privately owned and highly successful logistics company, operating in the UK third party distribution sector on a full time permanent basis at one of their sites in Birmingham, West Midlands.
The successful candidate will oversee the management of the transport operation and its interactions with internal and external customers, ensuring exceptional levels of service. You will be responsible for delivering demanding P&L targets and will be accountable for maintaining and improving on operational KPI's.
There will be a strong focus on improving Health and Safety standards and ensuring legal compliance. You will demonstrate excellent leadership qualities, inspire, motivate, guide and further develop your team members.
Working closely with the HR Team, you will manage Resourcing and Retention for your function, along with all other HR matters, such as; Performance Management, Grievance and Discipline and Employee Wellbeing.
As a senior manager you will frequently liaise with company directors as you implement the transport strategy. You will also deputise for the General Manager as appropriate, promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
Person Specification and Skills:
- Exceptional management and leadership qualities in order to motivate, inspire and develop your team.
- Experience of controlling finances within a transport operation.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Flexibility and adaptable approach to work in order to meet the requirements of the Business.
- PC Literate - MS Word, Excel and experience of Traffic Management Systems.
- Good knowledge of legislation surrounding road transport operations.
- A CPC qualification is essential.
You will work Monday to Friday (days), with site working hours between 6am-8pm. The salary for this excellent opportunity is up to £40k plus company car and other benefits.
For immediate consideration please contact me at your earliest opportunity.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.