A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a very high calibre logistics professional to join a global market leader in the logistics industry in the capacity of Transport Fleet Supervisor at their Heathrow site.
You will be responsible for establishing and executing the procedures necessary to manage the physical manipulation of cargo within, into and out of the HUB automated sort system, thus ensuring that the entire process meets both internal and external customer requirements and are completed in an organised, efficient, timely and safe manner.
Duties you will carry out:
- Provide training to new employees.
- Manage and monitor drivers hours, drivers rest and staff coverage.
- Download driver's digital tachograph cards, follow up drivers infringements and download vehicle tachographs data from vehicles.
- Arrange collection and delivery of all freight.
- Deliver driver training, including CIS training.
- Ensure vehicle are maintained and sent for scheduled inspections
- Work with garages to co-ordinate vehicle repairs.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with senior management, Network Planning, ULD/Network control, Engineering, IT applications, Service Quality, Operations management and Facilities.
You will have the following skills:
- Ability to drive and motivate staff.
- Be methodical and analytical.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be IT literate.
- Drivers CPC training (desirable)
- Driving license required (LGV preferred)
The hours for this role are Monday to Friday working 11am to 8pm. Reliability, flexibility and integrity are values that are held in high esteem.
This is a superb opportunity for an individual to become an integral cog of the business and to benefit from the company's continuous growth plans.
For immediate consideration, send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.