Position Transport Fleet Manager (Essex)
Salary £35K - £40K
Ref IE 56551
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Transport Fleet Manager join a well established and successful logistics organisation at their site based in Essex. This is an exciting time to join the company as they continue to grow their business and expand their ever growing team.
Nature and Scope:
Manage the Company Transport Fleet vehicles and be the point of contact with transport drivers
- VOSA regulations - ensuring all legal requirements both from drivers and office are adhered to
- VOSA check sheet - vehicle defaulted held on file
- O licence obligations - ensuring all tacho records / vehicle files are in place.
- Vehicles costings - Trailers / Tyres / Diesel
- Ensure vehicles are roadworthy
- Controlling and monitoring vehicle maintenance and spend and putting savings in place
- Fleet control
- MOT schedules. Ensure MOT inspections are carried out within legal requirements
- Adding Insurances for trucks and trailers when a change to the fleet occurs
- Responsible for insurance claims procedures (for fleet only).
- Controlling drivers bonuses on a weekly basis and reporting to Transport Managers drivers who are not meeting targets in order individuals are dealt with
- Ensuring 6 weekly servicing and inspections for all plant is met as part of our operator licence agreement and all records are held.
- Seeking quotes for replacement plant and ensure the best deals for the Company
- Diesel spend - monitor and report vehicle MPG and drivers scores.
- Monitor and report Ad blue spend per vehicle.
- Responsible for tail lift inspections and maintenance - Loler etc
- General H&S in the yard
- Being on call for any breakdowns where the office needs assistance
- Monitoring 'problem' vehicles and replacing where necessary
- Managing drivers.
- Responsible for ensuring drivers work within legal limits
- Interviewing and employing drivers - 1st Interview only
- Responsible for carrying out driver inductions and general training
- Disciplinary action for drivers
- Driver appraisals
- Checking and calculating drivers overtime on weekly basis
- Ensure all tachograph and working time directives are met with the drivers
Education and/or Experience:
- Sound knowledge of vehicle weights and legal limits
- Sound knowledge of drivers working limits
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good communication and organising skills
- Prior driving experience desirable
Commitment to Flexibility:
The post holder accepts the need to be flexible in terms of roles; responsibilities and hours of work to ensure the goals and objectives of the business are met to maximize production to the satisfaction of our customers, internal and external.
Salary for this opportunity is £35k-£40k.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.