Barker Ross are currently looking to recruit a Transport-De-Briefer to work on a temporary to permanent basis for our client based in Derbyshire.
Pay rate of £9 to £10 per hour dependent on experience, however after the first initial 12 weeks the client will be looking to take the candidate on permanent. Which will increase the candidates salary to £19,000 - £20,000 per annum, (depending on experience.)
The Transports-De-Briefer is responsible for ensuring all drivers are fully briefed and provided with the relevant paperwork at the start of shift and fully de-briefed on their return, completing and updating associated systems and process requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Brief and debrief drivers as appropriate before/after each journey to ensure all incidents are recorded, all paperwork is returned in full and returns/discrepancies are fully recorded.
- To issue and receive driver equipment such as DSC's and Tom-toms'
- To update systems to accurately show the current status of jobs/vehicles.
- To ensure all vehicles tacho and driver cards are downloaded in accordance with company policy and legal requirements.
- Accurately report all near misses, incidents and accidents to the Compliance Manager as per company policy.
- To answer the telephone, direct calls and take messages accordingly.
- File all POD's accurately.
- Pass on any discrepancies to the Despatch Team.
- Liaise with Despatch Team regarding driver's instructions.
- To undertake any administrative duties as required.
- To ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Possess strong communication skills in order to give accurate information to drivers.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise workloads to meet set deadlines.
- A good standard of literacy particularly Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Attention to detail and accurate data input.
- Ability to work without direct supervision and within a team.
- Previous experience of a transport operational environment.
If you are interested in this role apply now to avoid disappointment or call the logistics team at Barker Ross now on 0115 896 0888
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.