One of the leading logistics providers has an exciting opportunity for a Transport Coordinator in the Worsley area of Manchester on a full time, permanent basis.
The successful candidate provide driver and operational support, manually re-planning and amending delivery schedule, reacting to changes in requirement and daily operation issues ensuring the safe and timely delivery of orders are completed ensuring a high level of customer service.
You will be pro-active in the promotion of safe working practices and ensure that all company and customer health and safety and environmental policies and procedures are fully implemented. You will also ensure that all Company Quality, Operational and Administrative policies and procedures are implemented in a timely and effective manner.
In the role you will be the first point of contact for all customer/driver enquiries, ensure all calls are handled in a professional manner adhering to a strict call queue target and enter customer fuel orders on to SAP accurately and in a timely fashion.
This role is required work to a rotational shift pattern including earlies, lates, night shifts and weekend working.
- You will possess a good level of education with strong numeracy and analytical skills with the ability to multi - task and solve customer and operational issues daily. You will have good interpersonal and people skills whilst possessing excellent PC skills.
- You will have a proven track record in a logistics, ideally road tankers, with excellent communication skills and be able to demonstrate experience of interacting directly with customers to deliver the highest standard of customer service.
- Experience of transport planning in a fast-moving and complex transport operation is essential.
- You will demonstrate good commercial awareness and a commitment to providing customers with the highest standard of service.
- Possession of a National and International CPC in Road Transport Operations is preferred, but not essential.
- SAP experience would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Strong team player with ability to adopt a flexible approach to maintain and improve the quality of service.
Salary is £25k plus excellent company benefits.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.