Barker Ross is currently looking for Experienced Transport Clerks working on behalf of one of the biggest haulage companies in the UK. We are looking for 3 people to join this great team.
We are looking for 2 x people who is happy to work on a rotaing shift 0600 - 1400 /and 1400 - 2200. This is temporary ongoing postion.
Responsible for dealing with the drivers, ensuring delivery documentation is completed. Working on Autostore (warehouse management system) to manage stock, scheduling and allocating orders in time for collection. Answering phones calls and emails.
It's important they have a strong communication skills in English spoken and written. Ideally they will have warehouse experience, this does not necessarily but it is important that you have clerical experience and are competent at using Microsoft packages.
Your main duties will be :
- Link between customer, Hauliers and drivers to ensure first class communication and service
- Chasing of Hauliers to ensure collection and delivery times are met
- Working with the customer in providing critical feedback on operational issues
- Booking in and out of Hauliers on site
- Briefing / de-briefing drivers
- Dealing with vehicle breakdowns and maintenance issues
- Daily updates required to be sent at various points of the day
- Finance undertaking on a weekly basis
- Flexible approach to working hours required as shift pattern
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate ;
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
- Responsible for all health and safety of self and colleagues at all times
- Ability to work on your own initiative and to be flexible towards all other duties that are essential
- Preferably experience in either driving or transport admin and clerical work
- Strong communication skills in English spoken and written
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.