A very successful, expanding and dynamic logistics business with specialism in 3PL, contract packing and supply chain management, has a great role for an experienced Transport Clerk to join the team in Northants on a full time, permanent basis, working days, Mon to Fri.
You will play a key role in the transport administration team and the opportunity would suit a grounded and experienced logistics professional who has a wide breadth of experience in a transport office. It is essential that you are a confident negotiator and experienced of working with a variety of transport carriers to negotiate rates and service and secure the best deals possible for the business. It is a high volume, high pressure role and would suit an experienced professional who has a solid grounding in the transport environment, is thorough and can hold their own!
Experience, skills, attributes and the person requirements:
- Confident communicator.
- A sound knowledge of the principles of transport operations and planning functions.
- Good organiser
- Good negotiator
- Computer literate with good experience in using Microsoft Office - especially Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible in their approach.
- Ability to multi-task with forward thinking and forward planning skills
- Sound team player and motivator who can work on own initiative.
- Good numerical and analytical skills paying strong attention to detail.
- Driven by continual improvement and high personal standards.
Due to the growth of the business, and further expansion through out the year, there are very genuine prospects for career progression.
For immediate consideration send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.