Barker Ross is currently looking for a Transport Clerk for our client one of UK's leading logistics company based in Abingdon.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual with a previous transport related background who can come in and undertake a dual role of organising deliveries to customers and undertaking follow up customer surveys post-delivery (so good phone and customer service experience required) as well as undertaking driver debriefs as drivers return 1pm onwards. My clients requires good customer service skills and good on the phone but at the same confident in driver de briefs. Once this person is up and running post it will also develop into payroll/finance/invoice related duties so HM would like someone who is able to juggle multi tasks and prioritise and someone organised. Most of all someone who wants a long term role with an established team.
Duration: temp to perm (circa 13 weeks)
Pay rate: £10.00 per hour
Hours: 9am -5.30 pm- 40 hours a week Mon-Fri
Main Duties will involve:
- Booking customer deliveries (to residential properties)
- Conducting customer surveys post delivery
- Occasional booking of retailer returns
- Driver debriefs - running through:
- Going through runsheets
- Mileage / fuel
- Ensuring all minor issues are picked up as these can often snowball into bigger issues
- Some checking of clocking in cards
- Latterly to move into some payroll/finance/invoicing
Ideal Candidate must have:
- Transport knowledge/relevant transport related experience
- Attention to detail
- MS Office - daily Excel user
- Organised and methodical
- Able to multi task
- Mature approach
- Finance/payroll type background - desirable
- Warehouse/operations understanding - desirable
If you are interested please call Gosia on 0115 941 6324 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.