One of the leading global FMCG company are looking to develop their company further by hiring x2 experienced Transport Assistants to work along side the sites Transport Manager.
Shifts: 4 on 4 off (either day shift or night shift 12 hours)
As a Transport Assistant, you will be assisting your manager by ensuring the operation of the Transport Office runs smoothly. You will be compiling and maintaining documentation and managing the informationprovided. Liaising and ensuring the drivers depart on time as well as processing vital information, issuing journey details and booking staff on and off shift, this is a role as challenging as it is demanding however very rewarding and plenty of room for progression.
- Brief and debrief the drivers on both departure and return from each journey
- To effectively communicate via telephone with customers and Depots, ensuring incoming calls are answered and dealt with promptly
- To assist the management team in providing a professional service
- To work well within the transport team function to ensure deadlines are met
- Generate driver journey sheets from in-house computer systems and issue to drivers
- Produce Reports, such as missing volume, debrief status and unconfirmed orders
- Collate weekly information for Transport auditing purposes
- Excellent communication skills
- Well organised
- Being able to multi-task and prioritse
- You will have strong PC skills
- Knowledge of transport hours and regulations
What else can they offer you?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Health Scheme - Cash Plan
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Service Related Holidays and Long Service Awards
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.