I am currently recruiting for a client who is well established in the Automotive sector and they're looking to implement a new Training and Development Manager.
As a Training manager you will be tasked with ;
- Build up a pool of expertise in all areas of the company to meet the company's current and future needs ensuring that the company will not be adversely affected if we lose staff, cover for absent staff and have a succession planning where required.
- Provide training programmes to enable staff to develop skills and abilities to improve job performance and job satisfaction.
- Ensure that employees are familiar with any new equipment, systems, procedures or working methods.
- Provide a smooth entry into the company
- Ensure the employee is aware of the performance and quality standards and other key points of working for the company and in particular health and safety
- Ensure that the employee knows how to operate machinery/equipment
- Identify any individual training and development needs
Training needs analysis
Assess training requirements for:
- The Company
- New process or plant
- Improve quality/productivity
- Organisational changes (shifts etc)
- Variation in skill levels between shifts or individuals
Planning training programmes
- Why are we carrying out the training?
- Who will receive it?
- Who will provide the training?
- What materials are required?
- How much will it cost?
- Is funding available?
- What will the benefits be?
- How will we know if the training has been successful?
- Can it be delivered internally or will it need an external provider?
- What are the costs/ implications of not training i.e. poor productivity, accidents, downtime, infringement of legal requirements, poor morale, poor succession planning.
Implementing a training programme
- We have internal staff who can provide the training, expertise and time
- Practical hands on skills required
- We need to train in new internal process or skill
- We are seeking to improve performance in a specific aspect of the individuals role
- A need has been identified to learn a new method or discipline
- We don't have sufficient internal skills on resources to provide training
- The training requires formal external certification
- Complex or specialised training
- On the job workplace training. (Need to ensure competency of trainer)
- Job rotation
- Training courses, internal or external
- Coaching and appraisal
- Improvement in quality
- Improvement in production
- Measurable increase in skill levels
- Improvement in departmental skills
- Achievement of targets
- Lower absenteeism
- Reduced staff turnover
- Improved motivation
the role would suit a candidate who has already worked within a similar role.
Please do forward your cv to Nicole Cooling.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.