Barker Ross are recruiting for a Trading Standards Officer (Animal Health) in the Darlington area on a 5 Month contract based on 37.5 hours a week, Mon - Fri at a rate of £15.50ph, to work as part of a larger team helping to enforce trading standards legislation by inspection, investigation, sampling and other means.
Successful candidate's responsibilities will include but not limited to the below;
- Enforce trading standards legislation by inspection, investigation, sampling and other means.
- Investigate offences under trading standards legislation and take appropriate action under the Council's Enforcement Policy, including conducting interviews in accordance with PACE 1984 and all other relevant legislation.
- Collect evidence and prepare case reports for possible prosecution in accordance with Council policy and attend legal proceedings, where necessary, on behalf of the Council.
- Fulfil the role of Lead Animal Feed Officer including assisting the Trading Standards and Animal Health Manager in the preparation of statutory reports
- Fulfil the statutory role of Deputy Chief Inspector of Weights and Measures including assisting the Trading Standards and Animal Health Manager in the preparation of statutory reports
- Undertake sampling of goods and services to determine if breaches of trading standards legislation are occurring, and take appropriate action under the Council's Enforcement Policy.
- Enforce relevant Age Restricted Products legislation, including test purchasing using children under 18 as volunteer test purchasers.
- Issue licences and notices under relevant trading standards legislation.
- Advise businesses & traders of their legal obligations relating to civil and criminal trading standards legislation.
- Develop and foster good client relations
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of the service.
- Maintain proper records for all work undertaken.
If you are interested in the role and would like to learn more about the role please apply today!
Alternatively, please register with Barker Ross at https://online.barkerross.co.uk/#/register to be contacted directly regarding this position and any other roles which are released.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.