A fantastic opportunity is available for a CNC Tool Process Engineer to join a leading innovative and forward thinking company in South East Leicestershire.
The successful candidate will be working within the Engineering Department in the Automotive Division and report into the Production Manager and will be responsible for:
Please note it is ESSENTIAL that you:-
- Can create CNC machine programs and develop machine processes from part drawings
- Posess Project Management Experience
- Have previous 'Lean Manufacturing Experience'
- Have excellent Communication Skills
- Have excellent Organisational skills
- Are a time served Engineer
It would be beneficial if you have:-
- A formal Qualification i.e. Prince 2 or equivalent
- A formal Qualification i.e. NVQ or similar
Identifies and & coordinates improvements to the production processes and procedures across all manufacturing sites with the key objective of developing and implementing lean & efficient production line methods. Initiatives & directs procedures to increase overall company process efficiencies
KEY WORK AREAS:
- To adapt & adopt Lean Manufacturing principles wherever practicable within all manufacturing divisions and respective production cells
- Demonstrate full commitment to all produced CNC programs are in compliance with quality and production requirement.
- Evaluate design and engineering changes, determine feasibility of production, and approve release into manufacturing.
- Ensure the produced CNC programs are proved and optimized by utilizing programming software.
- Develop, implement and document optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes, work instructions and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards
- Monitor machining times and optimize via controlled PCR's implementing new machining techniques and tooling methods.
- Must be able to create CNC machine programs and develop machine processes from part drawings.
- Must also be able to revise current programs to optimize machining time versus tooling cost.
- Maintain the work holding fixtures design database with drawings and revision levels.
- To manage and coordinate projects from beginning to end
- To develop customer solutions encompassing product modifications and manufacturing process changes
- To liaise proactively with machine tool manufacturers and tooling suppliers to establish the most efficient and cost effective production processes
- To develop and present research proposals that address technology issues of fundamental importance
- To support NPI (New Product Introductions), including establishing the current optimum process route or establishing new opportunities and processing options & solutions
- To develop new technologies to increase product quality while reducing cost expenditure
- Provide Engineering service & support and assistance to all divisions
- Liaise with Engineering & Production teams to continuously improve efficiency
- Highlight areas of potential cost savings within production processes
- Informs departmental managers of any inaccuracies and omissions in relation to materials, components and process
- Effective communication channels to be used at all times
- Ensure latest customer drawings & internal drawings for all items are kept up to date
- To work with the Quality Departments to meet all TS, ISO & BSI requirements
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Production Manager / Supervisor
- Quality & Engineering
- Maintenance Department
- Purchasing Team
- Sales Department
Salary £25K - 30K based on experience
There is a choice of 2 shifts….
Day Shifts 7:30 - 16:00 Monday - Friday
Double Days: 6-2 and then 2-10 Monday to Friday
Please call me if you would be interested in this role as I can put your cv forward straight away.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.