A fantastic opportunity is available for a Highly Skilled Toolmaker to join a leading innovative and forward thinking company in South East Leicestershire.
** You must have experience in manufacture of jigs, fixtures, tools and press tooling in accordance with Drawings
You will be reporting in to the engineering Supervisor
Responsibilities will include:
- Manufacture of jigs, fixtures, tools and press tooling in accordance with Drawings
- Contribute and work in a team environment within the Tool Room department.
- You will be willing to apply lean tools and activities throughout the job function and continually strive to bringnew methodologies and technology into the business.
- Competent in the use of manual engineering machines, Centre Lathe, Milling machine, Surface Grinders, Wire EDM (Charmilles) and general fitting skills
- Competent in the use of Autocad or similar
- Carry out tool repairs to multistage progression tools and second operation tools and fixtures
- Modify existing tools to improve production processes
- Assist in the company continuous improvement programs
- Assist in the training and development of apprentices/trainees as required
- Design and manufacture punch tools for various types of press tool equipment
- Involved in the repair and preventative maintenance of existing tooling
- Responsible for inspecting finished product to Engineering Drawings
- Ensure the work area is kept clean and tidy and safe working practices are adopted
- Any other duties as required by the senior toolmaker and engineering plan
The ideal candidate will have an engineering apprenticeship, or equivalent training, having experience in milling, turning, grinding and fitting, and, EDM knowledge and skills. You will also be able to work from drawings and to specific Standards. You will have experience in a similar role to enable a quick and smooth transition into the position.
Programming/setting/operating of HAAS machining centres and lathes is desirable but not essential although a willingness to learn would be needed.
You will be self-motivated, able to work under minimum supervision and within a team. Being organised, able to work under pressure and possessing excellent attention to detail you will also have good time-keeping, be accurate, flexible and reliable.
Hours of work:
Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 5.00pm with a ½ hr lunch (Lunch to be taken between 12.30pm and 2.00pm)
Friday - 8.00am - 4.00pm
The salary for this role is £28,000 to £30,000pa dependent on experience.
My client offers a rewarding career with great development progression opportunities.
For immediate consideration please send your CV without delay!
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.