Our client is one of the largest providers of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Tenancy Support Worker - Homelessness (Kingston), 6-9 months, £11.50 per hour, 37.5 hours per week
Responsible for delivering community based services to previously-homeless people moving off the streets and those who are vulnerably housed
To be responsible and accountable for delivering high quality support services for previously-homeless people moving off the streets and vulnerably housed people in line with policies and procedures
To be responsible and accountable for the effective utilisation of a range of accommodation options and accessible services, working within the services' financial resources
To be responsible and accountable for providing advice, support, motivation, crisis intervention and future planning, appropriate to the expressed needs of service users with the aim of ensuring that every client goes on the live independently
To be responsible and accountable for contributing to the running of integrated services for homeless people
- Relevant recent experience, paid or voluntary, working with rough sleepers, vulnerably housed people or other adults with support needs
- An understanding of the issues affecting homeless people, based on your own experience of homelessness, professional work or voluntary experience.
- Experience of care and support systems for homeless people or similar vulnerable groups, including key working, care planning and joint working
- Experience of conducting client assessments and interviews
- The ability to work with clients who may display challenging behaviour
- A basic knowledge of appropriate legislation, including welfare benefits and housing law
- The ability to work on your own initiative, creatively managing a varied workload
- An understanding of and commitment to confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Solid IT skills, including competence with word processing, spreadsheets, database and email and ability to learn how to use new IT applications
- Able to write reports and letters effectively
- An ability to represent the company appropriately at all times, and work professionally with external agencies
- An ability to promote a service to a wide range of audiences, from vulnerable clients to those in charge of other agencies.
- Effective time and workload management
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.