Technical Support Assistant
- To maintain and input into the clients Housing databases with regards to property records
- To receive works orders and update the management systems as required
- To update and maintain other documented records relevant to the work of the team
- To undertake research including use of the internet and other information sources to assistant officers in the continuous improvement of the service.
- To assist in the development of standard operating procedures and instructions
- To receive and handle enquiries, orders and complaints either from the individuals or through Customer Services
- To co-ordinate team meetings and to exchange information, initiate new ideas, monitor the progress of actions as appropriate and carry out any necessary evaluation.
- To ensure accurate notes are taken and agreed with contractors and suppliers of services of any meetings or telephone conversations.
- To make professional and accurate presentations at meetings with colleagues, tenants and members about the details and progress of the team and to prepare relevant papers to a high standard of written and presentation quality in support of this.
- To ensure that any actions arising from meetings or telephone conversations are documented.
- To produce and maintain key performance indicator (KPI) data relevant to the team
- To produce and maintain property performance data for management, audit and statistical returns.
- To assist in the production of performance reports.
Management of Asbestos - in accordance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations and the associated HSE guidance and also the Council's Asbestos Management Policy and Procedures
- To maintain including validation and monitoring of the Council's Housing asbestos database and day to day management of the asbestos register.
- To input data collected from site into an electronic format
- To input asbestos surveys and other information on to the Council's database
- To input asbestos survey referrals requested / received to include the distribution of such for all work activities
- Co-ordinate the inspection, repair and/or replacement of equipment provided and maintain an inventory and inspection log.
- To liaise and where appropriate advise housing staff, their contractors and partners on asbestos management matters
- To act as a point of contact for asbestos enquiries and asbestos works for housing services and contractors / partners.
Health & Safety Management
- To develop a general knowledge of health and safety and assist in promoting and communicating health, safety and welfare good practice
- To act as a fire marshal and participate in emergency evacuation procedure for Hamilton House.
- To develop and produce accident / incident statistics for Housing Services.
- To carry out checks of the Housing Services sections of the Corporate risk assessment database
- To carry out DSE assessments and produce reports
- To carry out initial assessment of a range of complaints / service requests by information gathering and either providing appropriate advice, guidance and assistance directly or through the Team Leader or Technical Officers.
- To carry out the functions of the Reliance lone worker device administrator for Hamilton House to include co-ordinating new devices, maintaining the Reliance Housing Services spreadsheet and reviewing usage with individual users and managers.
- To assist the Technical Officers in carrying out site inspections as requested and to develop experience in order to carry out low risk inspections.
- To assistant in the preparation and delivery of training, workshops, toolbox talks, team briefs etc.
- To assist the Technical Officers in carrying out their duties as required by the needs of the service area
Other Work Activities
- Undertake other such duties as may be reasonably required within the scope of the post
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.