Technical Services Engineer
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week
The overall team vision is to provide a high-quality FM service in partnership with all
Purpose of Role
working as part of a small team, reporting to the Technical Services Manager with responsibility for the
provision of a wide variety of mechanical/electrical, building and services within the Contract.
To provide a corrective and non-corrective maintenance service for plant and equipment such as heating
boiler, chiller plant, air conditioning, water services etc.
- Completion of maintenance on plant and equipment to ensure compliance with statutory and contract
- Diagnose and repair failures to plant and equipment ensuring "down time" is minimised.
- Interrogate and correct the Building Management System (BMS), and other control systems.
- Ensure that accurate records are maintained of all work carried out, through entering detailed reports
on the maintenance planning system
- Responsible for maintenance to the fire and security system.
- Ensure that accurate records are maintained of all work carried out by entering reports on the
maintenance planning system.
- Responsible for Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) in order to maintain the equipment register for all
- To participate in an on-call rota, "out of hours" operational maintenance requests, and help prioritise
work to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Participate in additional training based on specific needs of the Post Holder and the service level
requirements, so to maintain a professional image.
- Produce and monitor timely and accurate information for the Technical Services Manager for monthly
- Carry out planned maintenance (PPM) and make suggestions for improvements in the light of
- Ensure continuity of service is maintained across the entire 5-day working week with other Technical
- Co-operate fully in ensuring compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.Take reasonable
care of your own safety and that of others who may be effected by your acts of omissions, including
staff and visitors.
- Not, intentionally, recklessly or otherwise commit any act that adversely affects measures taken to
protect the Health, Safety and Welfare of yourself or other users of Hackney TLC.
The client strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from anyone regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, age, trade union
activity, marital status, religious belief or sexual orientation.
Essential - E
Desirable - D
- NVQ level 3 or ONC in relevant Engineering discipline. Or City & Guilds /BTEC Advanced Craft or
Technician qualification in an appropriate services discipline - E
- Additional study in Electrical/Mechanical Services A comprehensive Knowledge of building engineering
services. - D
- Minimum 3year post training experience in a maintenance or installation environment. - E
- Able to perform a wide range of duties with minimum supervision. - E
- 3 years in a position related to the Maintenance of electrical, energy management controls. - D
- Preferably in a Healthcare environment. - D
- Able to use own initiative in problem solving. - E
- Receptive to change. - E
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate others. - E
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. - D
- Keen to develop own skills and knowledge. - E
- Remain calm under pressure. - E
- Helpful nature. Able to work well as part of a skilled team. Keen to develop new opportunities. - D
- Live within an acceptable travelling time of the TLC of on-call purposes. - E
- Able to work additional hours often without prior notice and when required. - D
Please apply with an up-to date CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 12th April
If you require any further details about the Technical Services Engineer position, please contact George @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.