I am currently recruiting for a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Technical Manager to join a leading manufacturning company in the heart of leicester.
Full responsibility for advising on all Technical aspects of the factory production, warehousing and external areas, ensuring that all products meet Customer and Legal requirements, particularly in food safety. Working with the factory team to drive continuous improvements. The Senior Technical Manager must be able to react quickly and make decisions based on fact. They should be independent of outside influence and not to be swayed by external factors. The Senior Technical Manager requires high organisation and the ability to operate at a high level of autonomy.
Responsibilities; Financial -
commercial awareness of actions. Staff -Technical Manager, QA manager, QA Supervisors, Hygiene team, QC Technicians.
Duties and responsibilities.
- Management of Technical, QA, and Hygiene departments.
- Legislative and regulatory affairs relating to company activities. (FSA / FDA / EHO / Campden BRI etc.
- Maintenance of customer technical portals e.g. Tesco, J. Sainsbury, Qadex etc.
- New product / process introduction from specifications, pre-production trials, and process data.
- Continuous improvement of Quality Management System based on HACCP risk assessments using industry best practice, BRC, Third Party / legislative requirements / recommendations.
- The role incumbent will have vision for the business of "providing best in industry" service. This will be achieved through their articulation, liaison and seeking understanding from customers and the business as to what their expectations are then working to deliver plans that achieve this goal.
- Corrective action and control of non-conforming ingredients / product, products under hold, reject and returns and speed of action and problem solving.
- Provide Technical guidance, training and support to other departments, developing awareness and understanding of Technical Issues.
- Responsible for the management of on line Technical Staff, to include recruitment and selection, training and development, performance monitoring, counselling and disciplining.
- Product / process / environmental improvements needed to meet Customer and Legislative requirements.
- Providing relevant information to facilitate problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Liaise with Customers / Statutory Bodies during factory visits and Audits, providing information required and implementing corrective action where necessary (Management of next steps) and completion of response reports.
- Analysis of microbial and chemical results / trends and determination of corrective action / preventative measures as required.
- Driving and policing the internal audit program.
- Management of serious incidents and corrective actions / preventative measures.
- Crisis Management (testing the system)
- To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce and negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business. E.g. reducing waste, recycling etc.
- HACCP, Level 3 or above
- High degree of integrity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Decisive, pro-active and assertive
- Internal & External customer focus.
- Innovative and creative
- Ability to demonstrate working under own initiative and thinking things through to solution
- IT literate - Word, Excel and PowerPoint - Customer Website familiarity
- The ability to design, manage, and develop databases for trending data.
- Effective coordinator/facilitator, effective influencing skills, and competent/successful communication which builds, maintains and strengthens inter-personal relationships
- Organised and self-managed to achieve time limited goals
- Thorough demonstrable knowledge and a minimum of 2 years practical experience of working with retailer technical teams
- Understanding of internal and external customer relationships and able to manage these with diplomacy and effective communication at all levels, inside and outside of the business with experience of responding formally in writing to senior technical personnel on customer complaint responses
- Commercially astute with a professional approach
- 3rd Level qualification in relevant discipline.
- Training, project management and coaching skills.
- Able to demonstrate experience in establishing and maintaining relationships with customers, external contracts, management and colleagues etc.
- Advanced food hygiene.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000 - 2001, BRC standards,
For more information please contact Nicole Cooling.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.