We now have an exciting opportunity available for a full time (40 hours per week) Technical Assistant to assist the Quality Manager in the implementation of the Company's Quality Management System and in maintaining BRC accreditation (A Grade). You will ensure the food safety, quality and legality of all products on site.
You will be a key player in the technical team and your duties will have a major emphasis on the smooth running of the factory floor including:
- Completing customer specifications, experience using online systems such as Tesco Technical Library
- Completing own style specifications
- Conducting GMP audits
- Investigating and responding to complaints
- Confident in audits and talking to customers
- Carrying out testing in lab for physical parameters to inspect quality of raw material and packaging, record results on inspection report sheets, issue pass/hold/reject labels as appropriate, report any non-conformances
- Carry out and record calibration checks on equipment
- Computer literate as will need to use ERP system, word, excel etc.
- Completing internal audits
To be considered for the Technician Assistant role, you will be a holder of a degree/HND within a food science/technology discipline and previous food industry QA/technical experience would be an advantage. You will ideally be familiar with GMP, internal audits and QMS systems.
Please apply with your full CV and covering letter to email@example.com
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.