ur client is one of the largest providers la of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Team Leader -Housing and Support Services (Croydon), 37.5 hours, Permanent, £30kpa
To provide a high quality accommodation based support service to single homeless customers with complex support needs. To lead and direct staff ensuring that they are supported to deliver the highest standards of service delivery to and with the involvement and customers.
As the Team Leader, you will be responsible for assisting the Team Manager to manage the project on a day to day basis.
In addition you will have full responsibility for line managing a designated number of support and service staff as well as holding a complex needs caseload and being a general point of contact for day to day support queries for staff on shift.
Managing the day to day pressures of a busy hostel environment whilst dealing with unforeseen incidents will be a key element in your role.
- To support the Team Manager in the overall day-to-day management of project.
- To provide strong leadership to the staff team ensuring that they feel confident and empowered to approach you for support and guidance.
- To support, guide and manage your designated support workers to deliver the highest possible standard of service delivery to customers.
- To contribute to continually improving the standards of the service and to support the Team Manager to develop and maintain strong links with a range of stakeholders.
- To ensure that income is maximised (rent and voids) and expenditure is contained within budget.
- To support the Team Manager in KPI data collection and monitoring, including Supporting People, Core and internal stats for CMT and the board of Trustees.
- To participate in the induction of new staff and in the development of new and existing staff through monitoring of performance and identifying training needs, coaching and mentoring where appropriate.
- To ensure that your designated support and service staff are fully briefed in polices and procedures.
- To work flexibly to ensure that you have the opportunity to support and lead your team to ensure that they feel confident and empowered to approach you for support and guidance
- To undertake supervision of your designated support and service staff, and to assist the Team Manager with probationary assessments and annual appraisals where appropriate.
- To support, coach and mentor your designated support and service staff to provide the best possible services to customers.
- To ensure that all occupancy agreements are upheld and that breaches are dealt with according to the relevant policies and with regard to best practice, whilst trying to maximise a positive customer outcome wherever possible.
- To actively monitor rent arrears and voids, support, guide and monitor the performance of support workers to maximise income.
- To comply with and implement Health and Safety policies, including training staff, conducting inspections, risk assessments and reporting concerns.
- To be responsible for the maintenance and repair of the furnishings and fabric of the project to a high standard and to initiate the necessary repairs that may be required, being mindful of the implications for the project.
- In conjunction with the Team Manager, to ensure that all customers are provided with a high quality service through having good quality and regularly reviewed SPARs (Support Planning and Reviews), RMP's (Risk Management Plans) and key working sessions.
- To actively promote and engender a culture of customer empowerment and customer
- To produce accurate reports and statistics on any aspect of the service and performance within the remit of the post whilst adhering to deadlines, including the following:
- Void management
- Rent arrears and housing benefit.
- SP contract monitoring data.
- Support planning and Risk assessment data.
- To ensure that weekly team meetings are held, minuted and fully attended by all staff, as appropriate.
- To assist the Team Manager to compile and manage the service rotas.
- To ensure that comments and complaints from residents and outside agencies are dealt with promptly and effectively and in accordance with procedure.
- To ensure that the management of the service is responsive to the needs and demands of the residents.
Liaison with Outside Agencies
- To support the Team Manager to maintain effective relationships with outside agencies including the police, social services and other statutory and voluntary agencies.
- To ensure that support staff collect rent and manage arrears effectively for both current and past residents.
- To ensure that maximum housing benefit is claimed, ensuring that both current and former residents' claims are maximised.
- To actively follow and implement the arrears procedure, completing rent audits and working
- closely with staff to ensure that procedure is fully implemented.
- To ensure that petty cash procedures are followed and that adequate records are kept at service level.
- Management experience, or demonstrable willingness and capability to develop management skills in a residential setting
- At least two years experience of working in housing, care or support services
- Experience of working with homeless people with high support needs
- Experience of partnership working with a variety of agencies, including health, housing, education and voluntary agencies
- Experience of rent management
- Experience of working in supporting people funded services
- Knowledge of the issues facing homeless people
- Knowledge of Welfare benefits
- Knowledge of key Health and safety issues in a residential service
- An understanding of best practice with regards to key working and support planning, coupled with the ability to put this into practice and manage key working staff, ensuring that their work meets this standard
- Assertive communication, able to take a firm approach to arrears control and breach of tenancy
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration.
*Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.