Our client is one of the largest charities in London that support homelessness and vulnerable people. They have multiple service for clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues.
Position Available: Resettlement and Support Team Leader - Richmond, £28-30kpa, permanent contract, 37.5 hours per week
We are currently recruiting for the position of Resettlement and Support Team Leader to join our Recovery Team working specifically at one of our hostels as well as covering HMO and long term accommodation projects.
This hostel provides accommodation and support for residents with high support needs, the HMOs provide second stage accommodation for single homeless people including two all-female HMO facilities.
The position will be responsible for line managing the team including our Hostel based services which delivers high quality accommodation and providing advice, support, motivation for Hostel residents. Alongside this you will be contributing to the running of integrated services for homeless people. You will therefore have experience of line managing staff and delivering services aimed at vulnerable people as well as applicable knowledge of housing and homelessness in the UK.
- Experience of line management of staff, volunteers or trainees
- Relevant recent experience, either paid or voluntary, working with homeless people or rough sleepers
- An understanding of the causes of, and pathways out of, homelessness
- Experience of assessment and support systems for vulnerable people, including key working
- The ability to work with clients who may display challenging behaviour
- A basic knowledge of appropriate legislation, including welfare benefits and housing law
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements in the work place
- Solid IT skills and be able to effectively use a data management system
- Be able to represent appropriately at all times, and work professionally with external agencies
- An understanding of confidentiality needs within the organisation and an ability to apply them
- The ability to manage your time in a busy and pressurised environment
- The ability to motivate and inspire staff and volunteers
- The ability to manage and develop administrative systems, including accessible filing systems
- This role will require you to work on a rota system, Shifts are 8am to 3.30pm or 2.30pm to 10pm, and will include weekends.
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration to email@example.com
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.