Job Title: Team Leader
Responsible to: Home Manager
Unifiedcare is committed to providing absolute quality services that meet the needs of the people who receive our services and those who pay for them. Our services aim to be creative, responsive and inclusive.
We can only achieve this through the dedication, skill and commitment of our staff. We believe it is important that our staff work with a clear and agreed understanding of the values that underpin our work and the sorts of tasks that are required to support people with learning disabilities.
Level of responsibility and accountability.
As Team leader you are responsible and accountable for the delivery of a service or a number of designated services to include delivery of support to individuals and management of resources within the services.
You will work 2 days a week completing Administration tasks and the remaining work flexibly as part of a team or number of teams including daytime, evening, sleep-in and weekend working.
You may also be required to work across different work locations in a defined local area where this is a requirement of the service.
You will undertake on-call duties as required.
Undertake the management for designated services under the direction of the Home Manager. Enabling people with a learning disability within a community setting to lead fulfilling lives based around their individual needs, community participation, and respect and community presence.
- The Individuals receiving the service.
- Develop and maintain the skills of individuals receiving the service, enabling them to make informed choices by encouraging new experiences and by assisting individuals to access services in the community and participation in a range of activities.
- Liaise with other agencies as appropriate to ensure that individuals receiving the service have access to services which they may require in line with their assessed needs
- Actively promote person centred approaches towards the individual receiving the service.
- To lead on the development, implementation and monitoring of the individual's support plan in co-operation with the individual and within an agreed plan of risk taking.
- Support individual's with regard to personal relationships, including their neighbours.
- Enable individuals receiving the service to look after their own finances and medication and to administer in accordance with the agreed support plan.
- Participate and assist individuals receiving the service in shopping, cooking, nutrition, cleaning, gardening, laundry, and household tasks.
- Provide personal support for individuals receiving the service in accordance with the agreed support plan.
- Enable individuals receiving the service to have access to appropriate health and social services
- Co-ordinate a key worker scheme and act as a key worker when required for designated individuals.
- To be able to make decisions and implement changes to policies and procedures.
- To be involved in the strategic planning of the company, planning for the future (including new developments), creating budget plans and help with the marketing strategy of the business
- To be responsible for rota management, induction of staff, supervision and performance reviews
- To manage a team of support staff and, be involved in their recruitment and selection
- Identifying, coaching and mentoring staff and assisting staff to meet their training and development needs.
- Monitor the condition of property belonging to individuals receiving the service, to ensure that maintenance and security issues are reported promptly, and that there is a safe working environment for employees.
- Maintain a good working relationship with professionals and others.
- Co-ordinate, chair and participate in reviews of individuals receiving the service, person centred planning etc.
- Contribute to the monitoring of service and performance standards in order to ensure the quality of service is enhanced which includes completion of weekly ORM reports and audits.
- As part of the management team to participate in changing and updating policies and procedures.
- Ensure maintenance of confidentiality in respect of records, those receiving the service, staff, the organisation and third party information.
- Attend meetings, provide written reports, present and chair them, as required.
- Organisational, Health and Safety and Legal Compliance.
- Ensure compliance with the Health and Safety Act and Regulations, Care Standards Act and Regulations, General Social Care Council codes of practice, other legal or contractual obligations, Grove Care Partnerships policies and procedures.
- Equal Opportunities & Diversity.
- Ensure that the delivery of the service is underpinned by a commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity.
- Undertake rota duty, sleep in and participate in out of hours on call systems, as required.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the objectives of the post.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.