Our client is one of the largest providers la of supported accommodation services various clients such as young people, clients with a history of homelessness, mental health or substance misuse issues. They aim to help vulnerable people find opportunities to change their lives and futures.
Position Available: Supported Housing Night Concierge Workers - Various Locations, Croydon, Lambeth, Bromley, Kensington £19,266, Permanent, 10.5-42 hrs per week available, full time and part time hours available
The Concierge will work across a defined geographical area delivering a high quality and responsive concierge service to customers and the community. The concierge service is mostly provided at night, however some day cover is provided during the weekend.
- Provide an excellent, courteous and professional service to customers at all time.
- Be the initial point of contact during concierge shifts and when providing weekend shift support to hostel workers
- Respond appropriately to enquiries and concerns received from customers, neighbours and the emergency services
- Ensure the safety and security of the service and the wellbeing of customers, carrying out Health and Safety related activities in accordance with procedures.
- Conduct regular and effective locality management patrols.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety, and that of anybody else who maybe affected by your acts or omissions.
- Monitor access and egress of customers and visitors.
- To provide a welcoming and professional presence to customers and visitors while maintaining excellent customer service at all times.
- Follow local fire alarm, safety and evacuation procedures
- Report any maintenance and health & safety concerns to the appropriate person
- Report repairs according to procedures and arranging for out of hours emergency repairs and dealing with minor maintenance issues, flooding and spillages
- Participate in team meetings, training events and attending regular supervisions, during the day as appropriate.
- To record accurately and comprehensively, any contact with customers, contractors or partners.
- Complete comprehensive handover notes including locality management events
- Record information accurately and completing relevant forms following incidents or accidents
- Carry out minor maintenance and housekeeping tasks out of hours to ensure a safe environment for staff and customers.
- Carry out routine health & safety checks including Legionella, and emergency lighting tests.
- To respond effectively to customer and neighbour complaints, dealing with complex and difficult situations in a professional manner.
- Conduct regular internal and external locality patrols and Health and Safety checks, recording checks and taking any identified actions as appropriate.
- Participate in the staff support, supervision and appraisals p
- To act in accordance with the aims and promote and implement Equal Opportunities Policy, Code of Conduct and all other polices adopted by the Board.
- To attend all staff meetings, supervision and training as required.
- To work at other locations as and when required.
- Experience in a concierge, front of house or customer service role is beneficial.
- A commitment to engaging with vulnerable customers with complex needs, including mental health and substance misuse issues
- The ability to maintain a calm and assertive approach when faced with complex and challenging situations, including building safety, anti-social behaviour and complaints
- An empathetic and responsive approach when dealing with customer or neighbour complaints, and a determination to resolve any issues, where possible.
- A good understanding of written and spoken English and the ability to complete reports and handovers using clear and logical language
- Basic IT skills, including the ability to: input information onto an online database, receive and respond to emails and set up meetings using Outlook, process personal information (such as booking annual leave) via the online HR system
- A good understanding of the importance of conducting regular health & safety and wellbeing checks, and the ability to ensure these checks are carried out - and recorded - in line with requirements
- A positive and proactive approach to carrying out all duties required during the night shift
- A willingness and ability to attend all training and meetings as required, even when these are not during regular night shift patterns
How to apply:
If you feel that you fully meet the above outlined criteria for this role and would like to apply for this post, please forward your CV for consideration *Please note the above outlined experience is the 'minimum' first stage criteria for this role, we will therefore be unable to consider your application unless you are able to demonstrate a relevant work history in line with this position.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.