- a caring and supportive attitude;
- good communication skills;
- the ability to relate to people from a wide range of backgrounds;
- patience, discretion and a high level of professionalism;
- mediation and negotiation skills;
- emergency response skills;
- ability to prioritise situations;
- flexible to work any shift patters;
- enhanced and cleared DBS;
- 5 years proven work experience and at least 1 year work experience in health care and/or social care;
- relevant experience in caring for adults with mental health and learning disabilities;
- relevant holding a health and social care qualification such as BTEC National Certificate, Diploma in Health and Social Care, NVQ L2 or L3 in Health and Social Care.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Providing care, support and services to individuals and families experiencing mental health and learning disabilities issues;
- Support families dealing with mental health issues;
- Providing physical and personal care;
- Creating a safe and positive living environment;
- Providing leisure and creative opportunities;
- Keeping records and writing reports;
- Assisting other health and care professionals;
- Engaging people with mental illness and/or learning disabilities in the community participation;
- Engaging in recovery programs through residential rehabilitation, work in clinical settings, home based outreach;
- Assisting and offering support to other healthcare professionals.
Salary - between £7.50 - £11.00 per hour.
- Ongoing Training & Support delivered through our training partners
- Friendly Team of Consultants who work on your behalf to find you the right role - we work with you to find you the job that is RIGHT for you!
- Flexible Working - Days | Nights| Lates | Weekends | Weekdays
- Excellent Rates of Pay - enhancements sometimes apply depending on the work
- Access to our e-suite for time sheeting and payslips
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.