Support Worker - Learning and Physical Difficulties - Hemel Hempstead
Barker Ross Health & Social Care are recruiting for experienced Support Workers to provide high quality support to adults with Learning Difficulties in Hemel Hempstead. Candidates are required to enable clients to live their life, their choice and their way. They will do this by providing clients with support in a range of areas, that include health, emotional and social support. We are recruiting for candidates who will engage with clients in order to understand them on an individual basis, gaining an insight into their unique needs, wishes and aspirations, and delivering person-centred care according to individualised support plans.
Duties will include:
- Carrying out support plans, key working and risk assessments
- Providing person-centred support that takes into account the social and emotional well-being of clients as well as their physical needs
- Enabling clients to engage in and feel a part of their communities
- Working proactively with external agencies
- Promoting independent living skills such as personal hygiene, cooking, cleaning and finance
- At least 12 months paid experience in a care or support environment
- A genuine interest and commitment to working with vulnerable adults and to providing the highest standards of care and support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to display initiative, a proactive attitude and work effectively in a team
- Previous experience working with adults with learning difficulties would be beneficial
- Working for an agency that genuinely cares about you as an individual, listens to your feedback and searches for work based on your experience and requirements
- Competitive rates of pay, including enhancements for anti-social working hours
- Flexible shift patterns
- On-going training and development
If you feel you meet these requirements, please apply with an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call the office on 020 3137 5251 and speak with one of our dedicated consultants.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.