Salary: £8.50 - £9.50 per hour
Job type: Temporary
Hours: Part time (days and nights available on rota basis)
Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS
Barker Ross Health and Social Care are currently recruiting for Support Workers on behalf of a client based in Preston. This will involve supporting young adults within their own homes on an assisted living and within a supported living environment. Including some 1:1 sessions for service users with more complex needs
- Identifying priorities and managing time effectively
- Actively listening and showing understanding of others
- Continually updating own knowledge and actively pursuing own personal development
- Demonstrating a positive attitude in all dealings with people and acting as a positive role model and being involved in group site activities including events
- Being prompt, punctual, prepared and maintaining a high standard of personal appearance at all times
- Understanding professional boundaries of both clients and co-workers
- Being passionate about ensuring that the service users are receiving care in a dignified and respectful manner
- Understanding that working as part of a passionate and committed team is key
- Various hours of work available on working rota
- Providing high quality care to service users, identifying needs and preferences for each individual
- Providing care and support to young adults on as assisted living and extra care scheme
- Encourage good community relationships and liaising with other healthcare professionals
- Accurately report, record and maintain records as required
- Assist with all aspects of catering and domestic duties as and when required
- Report any deficiencies in the service of whatever nature to the service manager or senior staff
Must have 6 months experience within healthcare
Full UK drivers licence
NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Emily at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 9418131 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.