Location: Chesterfield, South Yorkshire, S42
Salary: £8.00 - £11.50 per hour per hour
Job type: Temporary
Hours: Full time and part time (rota basis)
Start date: Immediate start subject to satisfactory References and DBS
Barker Ross Health and Social Care currently have an amazing opportunity for Supported Living Support Workers to join one of our client teams in Chesterfield in South Yorkshire. They have various hours available including, full-time, and part-time. Shifts will be based on rota and will include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, sleep-ins and waking nights. This role will involve supporting adults and older people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and challenging behaviour within their own homes or assisted living services.
- Providing high standards of care and support for service users, in line with care and support plans, compliance with CQC regulations and the care & support policies and procedures
- Identifying needs and preferences for each individual and providing personal care
- Assist in the safe lifting, transferring, repositioning and movement of clients
- Supporting young adults and adults with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, complex needs and challenging behaviour within a supported living environment
- Hoisting and moving and handling may also be involved
- Encourage good community relationships
- Accurately report, record and maintain records as required and working to care plans
- Work shifts to the needs of the residents, including; weekends, sleep-ins and night cover
- Assist with all aspects of catering and domestic duties as required within a homely environment
- Report any deficiencies in the service of whatever nature to the home manager
- Support residents to actively contribute to the running of their home and provide a safe and comfortable environment
- To contact and support residents to access appropriate agencies for practical, emotional and health advice e.g. Dentist, GP
- Arranging day trips, attending appointment and group activities
Must have 6 months experience within health and social care
NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care
Practical Moving and Handling Trained
Full UK drivers licence
If this is a role you are interested in please contact Jade at Barker Ross Health and Social Care on 0115 9418131 or apply online to this advert.
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Health&Social Care only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.